Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our Gingerbread House

Here finally is our version of the Gingerbread House. We try to make one each Christmas and in the past couple of years we have had a couple of failures with stability.
This year we used Charlotte's idea of using white chocolate for gluing the house together.
What a GREAT idea. it was so much easier and more stable and of course tastier as well.
Autumn was desperate to make this completely on her own. Sometimes I feel quite obsolete in these creative pursuits.
However I think she did a great job.
Another view of the completed house. It was all ready for the Midnight Feast after Mass but we didn't eat it till a few days later.
Lots of white chocolate to eat later
The gluing together with Cadbury white chocolate
Blessings,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gae,
Autumn did an awesome job of putting the gingerbread house together. :)

We were given one, but when we attempted to put it together, it was broken inside the box. :(

Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Farmhouse Blessings said...

It turned out just lovely, Gae! We still have not made our gingers yet. But I am determined to do them before January is over. :0)

So glad you stopped by for a visit. Our wood stove is just for heating though I often warm food on it stop or cook a pot of stew as well. There's just nothing like wood heat.

I've so enjoyed my visit with you.

Many blessings,
Lea

Unknown said...

Love your gingerbread house! Great idea to use white chocolate...I'll have to remember that for next year. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Gingerbread houses are such fun to make! I remember years ago doing one with my kids and we called it "Peppermint Cottage". It was covered with peppermint candies, and we won 3rd place in a contest!
Great idea for the chocolate!
Blessings,
Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...