Sunday, February 27, 2011

My thoughts for this Day......

Just recently I received a beautiful prayer booklet from the very talented Kimberlee at Pondered in My Heart.

This morning as I was reading before Mass the booklet and found this beautiful prayer that was in the booklet. I was struck by how appropriate this prayer was to ACTUAL daily living, my daily living, each and every day.
Truly if I strive for this each day I am sure I will be  a better servant, Christian, wife and mother.

I would like to share it with you as well:

Adorable Jesus! Divine Pattern of that perfection to which we should all aspire, I will endeavour this day to follow Thine example: to be mild, humble, chaste, zealous, patient, charitable and resigned. Incline my hear to keep Thy commandments.
I am resolved to watch over myself with the greatest diligence, and to live soberly, justly and piously, for the time to come.
I will take care of my words, that I may not offend with my tongue.
I will turn away my eyes, that they many not see vanity; and I will be particularly attentive not to relapse this day into my accustomed failing, but to struggle against them with Thy gracious assistance.
Enlighten my mind, purify my heart, and guide my steps, that I may pass all my life in Thy divine service.
Amen.

I pray you all have a blessed and Holy Sunday!

Blessings to you and your homes,

1 comment:

Trish said...

Gae, this is a beautiful prayer that speaks of our longing for holiness and trust in God.
You are right, if we took these words to heart what a difference we'd see in ourselves and our relationship with others.
To grow in holy virtues we need discipline and grace.
It's wonderful how the Lord leads us by giving us the desire for what He knows we need most!
I see you have a new header up today..I like it very much !
The photos really personalise the look of your beautiful blog.
I love the ones you've chosen - they exude such a warm, comforting and motherly sense of home and family.
At the same time I see your delicate touch of whimsy and femininity tying it all together.
Really lovely, Gae :-)
Well done!
love..Trish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...