Friday, March 25, 2011

Autumn Themes in the Home...

Our All Seasons Wreath with Autumn Fairies
Perhaps you are unaware, or perhaps you are aware that we like to create 'seasonal pockets' within our home. I try to regularly change our seasons table and the wreath above to reflect the seasons and depending sometimes major feast days as well.
Rogan made these sweet little Autumn flower fairies (above) last year and was really pleased with his work

Sometimes I am able to create new items each year and others I just try to reorganise in different ways to give a new look.
I have been behind in changing all the seasonal displays with Lent coming and also just not being on the ball so today was one day I tried to finish up our display areas.

Eden drew this lovely chalk board picture....if I can just keep Arwen from 'contributing' to it......oops too late already. Just as well I got a photo, although it will allow others to contribute as well.
Autumn Leaves
I made these Autumn Leaf dolls a couple of years ago, in fact I took them to hospital when I had Arwen to finish them off. I am creating another one right now as well and hope to share the pattern soon. Is anyone interested?
This is our Brick Oven display with Mother Earth, some friendly needle felted gnomes and a small felt gnome as well as a few needle felted pumpkins, courtesy of Saxon and a beautiful needle felted peach by Eden.
Autumn Seasons Table
Our main seasonal display where we put lots of the different home created items for display. It also gets rearranged often by small ones who are interested in looking at the creations, so what you see here is not what you would see now.

I really enjoy these themes in our home and especially creating for them.

I would really love to hear how  you like to reflect upon the season your own homes?

Blessings to you and your homes,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How blessed you are to have such a beautiful family and how blessed they are to have a parents who have given them the gift of each other. Your blog is gorgeous - thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yes Gae...It is one of the reasons why I stop by so often :=) To see what other creative and lovable thing you and your children have done for the season.

Many hugs to you...

M.

Fiona said...

I loved seeing all of your beautiful seasonal decorations, but my favorite was the main table (and I love the comment about how it is often rearranged by small people - that is the very best type of seasonal table).

Anonymous said...

Hi Gae,
Hope this finds you well! Not long now til baby arrives. :-)
Cute ideas for the seasons. :-)
We did a center piece for the dining room table, and I always put up a different welcome sign outside for each season. Also, since I am a nature lover, we always took nature walks and did pages in our nature journals for the different plants and animals we would see for each season.
Have a blessed weekend!
Anne ♥

Anonymous said...

Oh Gae I do want you to share the pattern , please please.
I was just looking at dolls yesterday .
I want to try and make a few dolls but have not made more then the felt dolls and they are very small .
Lots of Love
Rox

Trish said...

Gae I love your cute leaf dolls!
What sweet and lovely little things you create for your kids to play with:-)
bless you.. Trish

Trish said...

BTW..we saw there's some flooding in Tassie - hope you're safe down there!
love..Trish

Cheryl said...

Dear Gae,
I really enjoy reading your blog. I do not have a blog of my own but so enjoy reading yours and many others. I wish that when my daughters were small that we would have had access to such a wealth of information such as the things that are shared by all of you blogging Mommies. I pretty much made it up as I went! I am a kindergarten teacher at a Catholic School in Maryland and I have several areas in the classroom that change with the seasons. We have a fairy that changes with the seasons, a nature table and the mantle on an electric fireplace that changes seasonally, at the moment there are several types of gnomes and a large hollowed out log where they have made a home(the children love it). In my home I also have several areas which change with the seasons, there is the top shelf of a bookcase in the foyer that is in the process of evolving from St.Patrick's Day to a spring scene with bird nests, bird house, daffodils etc. I also always have something seasonal in the center of my kitchen table and on the windowsill in the kitchen. Both areas change often.I wish I had a blog so I could show you! Maybe someday.

Jen said...

Gae,

How lovely, and fun! I can only imagine growing up in your house is magical - in more ways than one! I have to admit that at first I thought this post was late (I live in the US) and then realized I had forgotten that you are opposite of us here! Which is great, since that means I have a few months to go before fall arrives and can use some of your ideas! Yippeee!

God Bless,
Jennifer

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...