Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Tasha Tudor Day

Just a reminder to you all that today is also the celebration of Tasha Tudor Day.
There are many things in my life that I love that I think have been influenced by the books and life style of Tasha Tudor.

Clarice and Suzanne  have both been instrumental in hosting this day each year. They have some lovely ideas to share with all who are interested, so drop in on their cottages for a glimpse of the memories and ideas they share.

We will be celebrating our day this coming week so we will then share our day then.

For now though I would just like to list some of the inspirational ideas that come to mind when I think of Tasha Tudor:
cooking
beautiful and functional cooking bowls
blue willow
gardening
skirts
knitting
tea cups
tea time
aprons
candles
spinning
baskets
goats
beautiful art work
family
children
joy in the everyday
simplicity of lifestyle
hardworking
nature
fireside activities
crafts of many kinds
openness to learning new skills
Drawn from New England: Tasha Tudor, a Portrait in Words and Pictures



This was the first book I had to become more familiar with Tasha and her lifestyle. From the first page I was an ardent admirer of not only the lady herself but drawn to the qualities of this type of rural, home and hearth lifestyle.

I have been thankful for many instances in my life where I have stumbled across a person or book or idea that helped to make me who I am today. I do believe that Tasha Tudor in this way has helped me to be more the person I always wanted to be by giving example in her lifestyle that I could emulate.

These are some past posts on Tasha Tudor I have shared


Blessings to you and your homes,

7 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

She is just the grandest lady! I have a cookbook that I use and was given my by my dear friend Martha who to enjoys the works of this lady! Thank you!!! Cathy

Suzanne said...

Dear Gae,
Thank you for sharing that list! Stop by and add your post to the Mr. Linky tool!
Blessings,
Suzanne

Unknown said...

Dear Gae, Happy tasha tudor day!!!!
I'm like you a love the simple live she's inspiring us.
Be blessed.
Sandra from France

Heidi said...

Happy Tasha Tudor Day Gea! Tasha has touched us in special ways which will stay with us forever. I am enjoying visiting kindred spirits...

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Lady Linda said...

Dear Gae...I love your post and your blog! How fun to visit your lovely family...you are very blessed. I plan to follow your blog.
I think it's interesting that we both found Tasha via Drawn From New England. It's such a grand book.
Thanks for leaving such a sweet message on my blog.

Much love, Linda

Stephanie said...

Oh yes, Tasha's books are so inspiring! What a fun post!

Jorgelina said...

"Happy Birthday Tasha"

http://todassomosreinas.blogspot.com/2011/08/happy-birthday-tasha.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...