Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hearts For Home - New Year Edition

 In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed   to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.

I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well.

May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings.

So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'.
Please leave a you name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box)       and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other.

If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.
May God Bless you this week.

♥ Please leave a link to your Hearts for Home Edition on the  Linky at the end of the post, so we can all come and visit.
I would also appreciate you linking back here too.☺ ♥ ♥

Enjoying our lives in the New Year by doing ♥ ♥

Unlike so many bloggers out there I am still trying to get my heart and head around the goals and achievements I want for 2012. Mostly I have a few general idea but am trying to get my thoughts together soon.

As it is high Summer here I am trying to get the children to play games with water and outside for cooling and for the fun of too!!

We really are enjoying the holidays as we won't start lessons again until February when our boys start back to work.

I am thinking of lessons for next year though and contemplating our approach for this. Likewise I am thinking about how we do things differently with a mixed age family and how to achieve some of the 'essentials' that seem to be not as easy to do in this family mix and how to do them with the little ones again.

Just today I finished piecing Corbyn's top part of his quilt together and I really want to finish it before the cooler weather sets in. Not to mention I  am behind in this as I still have to make one for Trahaearn as well as our three younger girls, OUCH!

Seriously I really just want to get my head around my life and the way forward for us and how I respond to challenges and changes in my life - spiritually, emotionally, physically and practically.

May you all have a blessed week and thank you for being a part of Hearts for Home,



1 comment:

Judy Dudich said...

I completely understand and relate your inner-turmoil in trying to find and develop routines and rhythms and ways that "work" with the mix of ages. I'm not sure if it is the same of many mothers...but my experience has been such that my Littles now...are MUCH more rambunctious and easily-thrown-off-course than my older children were at their ages.
Do you also find this to be true in your family? That dynamic causes great challenges for me because it requires much more creativity and effort on my part to keep the Littles safe, occupied, and happy while I am trying to do school lessons with the Middles and Bigs. I have taken to "doing school" with a couple of the children in the evenings, after dinner...this is a quiet time when we like to read together...and it has been easy to slip some school lessons into this arrangement...I think I like it this way and will continue for now.
Blessings to you as you enjoy your SUMMER! We are FREEZING over here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...