Friday, August 1, 2014

Queen of My Castle Series- Part 1: In Honour of Motherood and Sara (Clay Rosary Girl)

A quick house keeping detail :)
I'm told by my daughter that my "meaningful posts" are too long (like this one). So I am breaking this into two post today because the theme really does mean  a lot to me, and hopefully tomorrow I will post the second part of the 'series' due to the fact that the two events in my life are so related.

Life while interesting can often be a bit overwhelming and then it happens, I see the workings of God in my life.
In the space of a few days last week, significant events happened in my life that forced, well not forced, but reminded me of the most important gifts in my life and in that realising I mulled over these events and so saw the significance of those events and how they were truly entwined.

About four years ago I won a beautiful bracelet from Sarah that I wore that bracelet every day and night for about three years. I so loved it and our children were equally thrilled with the symbolism in the bracelet that for Christmas that year, seven  of us received full Rosaries for gifts.

Now due to  the fact I wore this bracelet so often it started to get a bit stretched and I really didn't want to lose any of the beads, so I stopped wearing it and had intentions to send it back to Sarah one day to have it re-stringed.
Sadly that can no longer happen and when I first read about the prayer requests for Sarah and her baby's life I remembered my bracelet and put it back on and we prayed for her with the Rosaries she had made for us.

Now I am not sure if I really want to take the bracelet off because it reminds me of the importance of each and every moment of my life and how precious it is to spend it on those important details.

First and most importantly my Faith - that I may truly be a woman of God who lives her life in service to Him. That at my end  time I may know that I had done all I could to be a faithful and loving daughter of The King.

Second - to honour and love my dear beloved and be the wife and helpmate for him. Uplifting and encouraging him in all things that he may be proud and honoured to have me as his wife and mother of our children.

And thirdly after these two most important roles are fulfilled I need to be the best and loving mother to each of the children we have been blessed with.  Heaven knows how thankful I am to have this opportunity.

Each and every day I am surrounded by each of these roles and I can see each day as a gift to be lived and cherished or be bogged down in the little details that take the joy, comfort and animation out of my life.

It is so easy to allow this to happen!!
Not once or twice but continually and so miss the opportunities to be a source of inspiration, love and as a precious jewel to those around me.
It is easy to let the world and others take the joy from us as they continually tell us that our values are old fashioned, that the lives we choose to live are not nearly as important as the opportunities that exist out in 'the real world!'
That we raise our children wrong because we do not conform to today's twisted and perverse ideas of 'normal.'
That we need to conform with what everyone else is doing and not to think that our own views are of any value at all, due to the fact that the majority of society does not value those things we do - Our living of our Faith and the loving in self sacrificing ways of our families.

However I know now as never before, that as I wear this bracelet I will be reminded of the fact that like Sarah who loved and cherished her family and them her - that I don't know the number of my days, any more than you do, and I need to spend it in creating memories with those whom I love the most.

Living my life with Faith and Love.
Being the Queen of My Castle!
Valuing my vocation of Wife and Mother.
Protecting  and nurturing those I love.
Being who God called me to be and luxuriating in this great gift of life that I have been called to live.
The same as you!
The same as Sarah!

May we live it to the fullest without any regret!

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Thank you for that post, part 1. We who do not live as the majority of the world lives need to be constantly reminded, especially as we are constantly battered by the world and its ways. I am not a mother, but I am a wife and an Orthodox Christian, and our household is a sanctuary from the outside world, in which, I hope, one will find expressions of God's love and hospitality. Our vocations ARE valuable. Thank you for reminding us!

evensong's januarylily said...

You know that I have always said that I loved your blog. Your are so very blessed to have such a lovely large family. This young womens passing has been a strong reminder for all of us..even those of us who no longer have young ones at home. I was just talking to a dear friend this morning who was working on her fall schedule. She was talking about priorities. God, Spouse, Children etc... And that is it in a nutshell. Always. Even for those of us without young children to raise. God, Spouse, Children (adult who may still live at home) and those who are married, grandchildren, the care of the home for the comfort of all still in it and those who visit it that it may always be warm and welcoming, then friends, then all other things. God bless you Gae!

Jamie Jo said...

Beautiful Gae. You know, my rosary that Sarah made me so long ago, has been repaired once already, but needed it again, and I asked her about it and she said send it, way back in may...I never did. (My littlest pulled on the crucifix and it broke from the centerpiece on down--little stinker) Sure wish I'd been more on the ball now about getting it in. I loved your story of your bracelet and that you got everyone rosaries...didn't you find that when you prayed a family rosary, that you'd think of her, because of the rosaries? I know I did and do now even more.

Can't wait to read your Part 2!
God bless you Gae.

Gae said...

Thank you Stacey for visiting and leaving your encouraging words.
I am planning the part 2 post but have had a few things happen in the last couple of days so will be writing it soon. I do want to give it justice as I feel it is such an important topic.
God Bless
Gae

Gae said...

Dear Sue,
Thank you for your lovely comments about my blog and family.
I do feel so blessed and thankful for the opportunity that God has given me in this area.
Again thank you and God Bless
Gae

Gae said...

Dear Jamie Jo,
How I think you are so blessed to have had such a close relationship with Sarah.
I too had a cross pulled off my Rosary and packed it away to send ( I actually forgot it as I have two made by Sarah).
I do think having them does remind me of her and now especially .
Praying for you and all who knew Sarah so closely
God Bless
Gae

Tiffany said...

That was such a lovely soul-filled reflection and story, Gae! Thank you for sharing. I believe all of these prayers from so many are probably wrapping that sweet family in God's tender care. Having lost a young spouse so tragically, I find myself praying often for her dear husband. I pray for his strength and perseverance when times will be tough on the road ahead. God bless you Gae, you are a beautiful soul!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...