Saturday, February 21, 2015

Great Art Lessons For Kids (and adults too)

Art has always been part of our Learning since the time we started our home learning.
I have encouraged the children to copy those wonderful pictures from our favourite  Picture books - Elsa Beskow, Tasha Tudor, Beatrix Potter especially.
I leave art and craft materials out all over to make it easy for the children to be inspired and then  be able to use this creativity.

As well we have sporadically looked at great masters and read picture books about these great artists.
However as 'formal' as our lessons have been as mentioned in this post and this one too, we have never had any lessons from online or outside sources.

Some how and I am not sure how I found it but  in Advent last year I found this fantastic on line source that our children, and not only the younger ones but older kids too have been absolutely LOVING and so have been doing daily as part of the lessons I have prepared for them.
The lessons are from Art for Kids and the you tube lessons are really fantastic.
I have difficulty limiting the children to two lessons a day and have to make sure we have a roster system for the children so all get a turn.
I am just sharing a few of the pictures the children have drawn being from our just turned 6 year old up to our 14 year old.
I really am loving the pictures they are drawing and the important part is they are really proud of each and every drawing they have completed.

I am sure there are other great programs out there and if you know of any I would be more than happy to have you share them here with me.
The site has a wide variety of types of subject and the lovely part is the guy who shows you has one of his three children draw along side him. 

So you can see the adult (teacher) and the student both draw the same picture!!
The rapport between father and child is really inspiring too.
I do consider Art to be a significant part of our children's education and I am really happy to be able to share our latest find with you all.

So please try this site out and share with me what you think of the lessons.
Blessings to you and your homes,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...